Indoor Air Quality Palm Beach Gardens
Sometimes the humid weather in Palm Beach Gardens can cause people to have a hard time breathing. The air quality may be worse indoors. Bad air quality may be because of humidity, poor ventilation, pests, viruses, bacteria, mold, pests, and many other things. While all of this may seem daunting, the HVAC professionals at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating are dedicated to figuring out your indoor air quality problems and providing you with a solution.
Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- If there are strong odors in your home that won’t go away, and you can’t identify the odors. The consistent presence of an odor could mean that the same odor is circulating through the rooms in your home. You may have a problem with bacteria or outdoor toxins coming in through the air ducts.
- You smell mildew or mold. You probably have mold in your home if you smell it. The presence of mold can cause illnesses. If it is in your heating and cooling system, it can spread around your home quickly. Have one of our HVAC professionals at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating inspect your system as soon as possible.
- The humidity is too high for you to breathe comfortably.
- You have allergies that get worse when you enter your home.
- You see an excessive amount of dust in your home, and you clean regularly.
- You have people in your home with respiratory illnesses that get worse inside your home.
- You’ve inspected your air ducts or other parts of your HVAC system, and it looks dirty.
Air Duct Cleaning and Sealing for Better Health
Having your air ducts professionally cleaned can help you decrease the dust and particles in your home. Regular maintenance can also help technicians find things that could turn into emergencies or that need repaired. If you have many holes that are large in your ductwork, you may need to have it replaced. You may also benefit from having your air ducts sealed, so it’s hard for outside toxins and particles to get into them.
When your air ducts are sealed, it is harder for them to become damaged. Your airflow and efficiency can increase when your air ducts are sealed because there are fewer ways for air to escape.
Benefits of Having Air Ducts Sealed
- Sealing your air ducts can help protect the environment. You are using less energy to transfer air throughout your home.
- You will have more money! You should see your energy bills decrease once your air ducts get sealed.
- You’ll have less backdrafting. The gasses in your home will leave instead of return back into your air by way of leaky ductwork.
- Less pollution from the outdoors will enter your home. Your air ducts can draw in fumes from chemicals and other pollutants that aren’t supposed to be in your home.
- Your comfort level will increase. Sealing air ducts can help your cool and warm air distribute more evenly. When you go from room to room in your home, you shouldn’t notice a fluctuation in temperature as much.
- Your air ducts are less likely to get holes and rips.
Electronic Air Filters
Electronic air filters are filters that trap almost twice as many particles as a standard filter. An electronic filter traps smaller particles that could easily escape through a standard filter. Your air is much cleaner when you have fewer particles and toxins.
UV light cleaning systems help keep the small things we can’t see eradicated. A UV light will make it so microorganisms, germs, bacteria, and viruses can’t reproduce. Not only is your home healthier with UV lights cleaning the smallest pests in your air, but it is much easier to breathe.